|Job Title||Head of Operations|
|Industry||Electric (Electrical / Electronic / semiconductor)-電機（電気/電子/半導体）|
|Company||The company is an internationally active Swiss group of companies specializing in the field of measurement technology.|
The company is an internationally active Swiss group of companies specializing in the field of measurement technology. Founded in 1959, they develop, manufacture and distribute pressure, force, torque and acceleration sensors as well as electronics and software. The company specializes in piezoelectric and piezoresistive measurement technology.
The 100 % owned Japan subsidiary was founded in 1986 with currently 50 employees and a turnover of around JPY 3.5 bn. The Japanese subsidiary has been tasked with expansion and market share development and customer care. The position of the Head of Operations – Support Center Japan will have a key role in these efforts.
The Head of Support Center (SPC) Japan serves as the Operational Manager, Business Partner and the Japan Head-quarters’ Site Manager for the operations of the company.
1. Lead the SPC Japan and the related direct reports including Accounting, Controlling, HR, IT, Order Processing, Logistics, Procurement as well as Marketing.
2. As a business partner for the line managers in Japan, analyze financial data, KPI’s, identify weak points and give recommendations to the Management on process design and optimization, improvement measures and actions, such as profitability and efficiency of the Sales Centers and Tech Centers.
3. Site management of JP Headquarters in Kanagawa; set-up and continuous improvement of office and admin processes, rules and regulations to ensure optimal efficiency and to make sure that the office environment and design complies with the company’s spirit and corporate values.
4. Control and monitor the implementation of the Group KPI’s relevant for Japan and ensure the quality and reliability of the underlying data and figures.
5. Coordinate all aspects of the annual planning, reporting and review processes, including preparation Japan relevant Group KPI’s such as Billings, Contribution Margins, Personnel Costs and Operating Costs in consultation with the Group CFO.
6. Together with her/his relevant team members, implement effective financial and controlling processes according to the Group financial guidelines and accounting rules.
7. Supervise the proper management of customer accounts by the relevant Sales Centers, including credit management and accounts receivables.
8. Make sure that IT productivity tools, in particular SAP ERP system for finance / accounting, order processing, logistics and stock / warehouse management are properly implemented.
9. Best practice sharing and learning from other SPCs and SPC Heads of other countries (e.g. US, DE, SK, CN).
1. Seasoned Manager with proven track record in Commercial Management for international companies and at least 5 years experience as Head of Operations (not necessarily including production) ideally of a company in the measurement and engineering environment. A perfect candidate’s professional experience includes knowledge in all areas listed under “Main Tasks”.
2. Work experience in a matrix-organized company is desirable
3. Exceptional interpersonal skills and professionalism
4. Strong leadership capabilities and communication skills; entrepreneurial spirit and drive
5. Assertive, self-confident, dynamic and resilient personality
6. Strong operational approach but with a strategic mindset (bird ‘s eye view)
7. Process driven, structured thinking
8. Strong standing (also in collaboration with Switzerland and other regions)
9. Strong communication and empathy skills (→ leadership)
10. Strong business acumen, quality consciousness and professional integrity
11. Good spoken and written communication skills in English
12. Proactive personality, highly committed and motivated
13. Long term work experience in a multi-cultural environment
Language skills – The Head of Support Center Japan speaks and writes fluently in the local language and English.
Education – The Head of Support Center Japan will have University degree or higher in Commerce, Business Management/Administration or Finance/Accounting.
This position requires approximately 5-10 years proven track record in a senior management/leadership position in Japan and a longer-term commitment to the company. Ideally, he should have several years of professional experience with high quality sensors used in various industries (factory automation, automotive, etc.) preferably with European companies.
Furthermore, the Head of Support Center Japan should have knowledge and experience in SAP, generally accepted accounting principles and general knowledge of employment standards, occupational health and safety.
Head of Operations
Shin – Yokohama
JPY 14 – 16 m (Details can be discussed and adjusted.)