|Job Title||Head of Finance, IT & Administration|
|Industry||Mechanical (Automotive / plant / Precision Equipment) 機械（自動車/プラント/精密機器）|
The company is a German company that manufactures components for electrical connections and electronic components for decentralized automation. The company is especially well known for its cage clamp and push-wire connector products. As of today, the company has approximately 8,000 employees worldwide.
The 100 % owned Japan subsidiary with its office in Tokyo was founded in 1990 with currently 100 employees. Over the last years, the business developed favorably and a solid customer basis has been acquired. The Japanese subsidiary has been tasked with expansion and market share development for which internal processes need to be made more efficient and cost-effective. The position of the Head of Finance, IT & Administration will have a key role in these efforts.
The main goal for the new Head of Finance, IT & Administration is the overall control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the company as well as logistics, IT and general administration. Sparring partner and deputy to the Managing Director of the company. Hands on with company finances, IT and logistical operations but also advising on the best path of growth for the business by providing transparency and decision support to the local management team as well as to group headquarters.
1. Ensure efficient financial and logistical systems, policies and processes compliant with legal requirements and group internal policies
2. Prepare monthly reporting package and year-end forecasting and provide analysis and recommendations to local management and headquarters
3. Prepare annual financial statements (local GAAP and German GAAP group accounting standards) and liaise with external auditors
4. Lead the annual budgeting process and prepare business plan and business review templates
5. Oversee cash management function and maintain cash forecast
6. Ensure correct reporting and payment of taxes and duties (including ICMS, IPI and other specific and local legal aspects)
7. Ensure correct payroll processing
8. Oversee all insurance matters
9. Cost calculation and controlling of locally assembled goods
10. Structure and oversee entire logistical function (purchase planning, import, customs, warehousing, distribution, production etc.)
11. Ensure optimal IT support to the business (hardware, software, projects and processes)
12. Implementation responsibility SAP ERP go live as of January 1st, 2020
13. Lead a team of approx. 15 people, providing coaching, guidance and coordination.
14. Recruit, build and retain high calibre staff
Qualifications and Skills
The company is looking for a Head of Finance, IT & Administration ideally with a bachelor’s Degree in finance and Administration or related majors, who would like to play a major role to form a bridge between the German parent company and the subsidiary in Japan.
1. Proper use of the rules of international accounting and reporting such as IFRS, German GAAP and J-GAAP
2. Accounting, Budgeting & P/L experience, including solid accounting, forecasting and control and management reporting
3. Very good IT skills and understanding, solid SAP FI/CO knowledge
4. Experienced in international working environments
5. Strong intercultural skills with experience with both Japanese and the German business culture and mentality
6. Multilingual, fluency in English and Japanese language, German would be an advantage
7. Excellent analytical skills coupled with bargaining power, leadership skills and assertiveness
8. Strong communication skills – Knowledge of the different mentalities (HQ-JP)
This position requires a minimum of 5 years finance and leadership experience in Japan as well as a longer-term commitment to the company. The Head of Finance, IT & Administration reports to the Managing Director of the company as well as to the Finance Director at German headquarters in all functional matters regarding accounting and reporting policy. The Head of Finance, IT & Administration will be a member of the company’s local management team as well as the group’s global finance managers team.
Head of Finance, IT & Administration
JPY13m – 16m (based on experience and qualifications)